[Samba] Compile errors and warnings with samba-3.0.14a

ernie jouke at jrensma.cjb.net
Fri Jul 8 09:39:03 GMT 2005

Hello folks,

While compiling samba I get a lot of warnings and errors which I don't know
how to handle. I've been searching the internet and I found several notes
from other people having the same errors/warnings, but never found a
solution. In fact there was no response at all to these cries for help.

Hopefully somebody will react to my cry...

Can somebody give me a clue of what to do? What reprequisites do I need? Am
I missing some software? Is some of the software I have outdated?

Some of the warnings:
lib/util_str.c: In function `strstr_m':
lib/util_str.c:1337: warning: return discards qualifiers from pointer target
type
tdb/tdbutil.c: In function `make_tdb_data':
tdb/tdbutil.c:46: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
tdb/tdbutil.c: In function `tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal':
tdb/tdbutil.c:60: warning: passing arg 1 of `tdb_set_lock_alarm' discards
qualifiers from pointer target type
printing/printing.c: In function `print_cache_expired':
printing/printing.c:1038: warning: passing arg 3 of `tdb_fetch_uint32' from
incompatible pointer type

Some of the errors:
Building plugin bin/shadow_copy.so
modules/vfs_shadow_copy.po: In function `shadow_copy_opendir':
modules/vfs_shadow_copy.po(.text+0x8f): undefined reference to
`DEBUGLEVEL_CLASS'
modules/vfs_shadow_copy.po(.text+0x9d): undefined reference to
`DEBUGLEVEL_CLASS_ISSET'
modules/vfs_shadow_copy.po(.text+0xc9): undefined reference to `dbghdr'
modules/vfs_shadow_copy.po(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `dbgtext'

Thanks for your help!
Ernie