[Samba] remove wins entries - samba 3

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 04:48:12 GMT 2005

Geoff Scott wrote:

>Eric Hines wrote:
>

>>Geoff Scott wrote:
>>
>>>Eric Hines wrote:
>>>

>>>The over view is this:
>>>The way out of this mess from my point of veiw is to switch off dhcp
>>>from the router/firewall.
>>>
>>ow?  I can't switch off the router/firewall.
>>

>No of course not.
>You mean to say that you can't get access to a web interface or commandline
>on the router to configure it?  You might need to look at getting better
>hardware / strongarming your ISP for info on the router if it is ISP
>provided.

It's our own Cisco/Linksys router/firewall.  I'll have to figure out how
to do this on a per-machine basis.  There are others also that are
protected by the router/firewall.

>Can you show us your zone files for test.biz & 192.168.1.0?

Attached.

>What do your logs say for bind starting up?  Can you restart bind and watch
>your logs?  Do you have any errors for it?

If you mean winbind, a tail -f on log.winbindd just showed it starting
up again n response to a service winbind restart.  log.smbd just showed
smbd restarting after a restart.  log.nmbd showed nmbd getting the
shutdown signal, then starting back up and becoming the domain master
browser.

>Regards Geoff Scott

Thanks

Eric Hines

--
He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man
I ever met.