[Samba] remove wins entries - samba 3

Geoff Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Thu Jul 7 00:58:21 GMT 2005

Eric Hines wrote:
> Hi, Farshad,
>
> I'm too new at this to be of much help.  My WINS seems to be working,
> but I'm clueless as to why, just as I'm clueless as to why my DNS is
> not working.
>
> Eric Hines

The questions you need to ask yourself are simple.  Where is my DNS server?
Where is my machine that I am pinging from pointing to in terms of DNS?
Does that DNS server have the records to do with my "lserver1" samba server?

Are you running a local name server as per JHT's docs?  Are you pointing
your DNS on your "lserver1" samba server to an external name server?

Answer each of these questions for us and we'll see where we can help.

Regards Geoff Scott