[Samba] kind of ldap operation changing password from windows

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Wed Jul 6 21:43:01 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 05:35:15PM -0500, Alex Canizales wrote:
 <snip/>

> Already i had  put the ldap passwd sync=yes
>
> >What does you root DSE look like?
>
> This is my root DSE access control point rules:
>
> dn:
> changetype: modify
> replace: orclaci
> orclaci: access to entry by * (browse)
> orclaci: access to attr=(*) by * (search,read,compare)
> orclentrylevelaci: access to entry by * (browse)
>
> The problems isn't here,

I have

access to attrs=sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword
        by self ssf=128 write
        by anonymous ssf=128 auth
        by dn="cn=smbadmin,ou=People,dc=gpm,dc=stappers,dc=nl" ssf=128 write
        by dn="cn=admin,ou=People,dc=gpm,dc=stappers,dc=nl" ssf=128 write
        by * none

> is there any samba developer that tell me what other kind of ldap operation
> make when change the password from windows? why i got the message: ldap
> password change requested, but LDAP server does not support it -- ignoring
> ? if Oracle Ldap  doesn't support this, why it's changing  just the samba
> password and not the userpassword, and why it is  changed when i use the
> smbldap-password command?

smbldap-password probably uses  smbadmin  ( has write accces on OID )
Windows probably uses "self"  ( has no write access on OID )

GSt