[Samba] [Fwd: Samba-3 By Ex Chapt 3]

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 16:37:44 GMT 2005

Yes, I am--or at least I think so; the daemon is running, and it's
configured according the the Chapt 3 example.  The /etc/resolv.conf file
says it's written by /etc/dhclient-script, so I disabled that file,
adjusted the resolv and tried again.  No effect.  Also, during reboot,
when dhcpd started up, I got the error message "Not configured to listen
on any interface.  Wrote 5 new leases."  When the reboot completed, I
had no Internet connection whatsoever.  I had to re-enable
dhclient-script and reboot.

So I remain with the problems that I have no DNS resolution capability,
and I cannot edit, with permanence, /etc/resolv.conf.  I'd probably be
satisfied with the latter if I could get DNS to work.

Thanks

Eric Hines

--
He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man
I ever met.