[Samba] Re: Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Wed Jul 6 14:23:50 GMT 2005

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:07:00 +0200, Oktay Akbal wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Anyone else experiencing Problems with this update ?
>
> We do have W2k AD. And Samba Member-Server. This is done via Winbind
> without using Kerberos.
>
> After installing the Update to our AD-Servers. It seems that winbind lost
> its connectivity.
> wbinfo -t worked.
> wbinfo -u showed errors.
>
> After removing the update from all our servers, winbind works again.
>
> Should I move our configuration to kerberos ?
> Thanks.
>
> Oktay Akbal

Several of our W2K workstations here would not boot up after this rollup.
It turned out there was a conflict with our antivirus software.
Uninstalling or disabling the antivirus made things work again. I think
they rolled out an fix patch a couple days ago. Not sure if that's any
help :/

--
http://www.0x09.com