[Samba] Questions regarding ADS

marpon at marpon.com.ar marpon at marpon.com.ar
Wed Jul 6 13:24:15 GMT 2005

Thanks Jerry, that 's very useful information.

The particular problem I am facing is that when samba tries to connect to
another domain, kerberos can 't find the principal, as in this example:

libads/sasl.c:ads_sasl_spnego_bind(211)
  ads_sasl_spnego_bind: got server principal name
=sarswdc3$@SIDERAR.TECHINT.NET

libsmb/clikrb5.c:ads_krb5_mk_req(389)
  ads_krb5_mk_req: krb5_get_credentials failed for
sarswdc3$@SIDERAR.TECHINT.NET (Server not found in Kerberos database)

nsswitch/winbindd_ads.c:ads_cached_connection(81)
  ads_connect for domain SIDERAR failed: Server not found in Kerberos
database

What I understand is that the principal sarswdc3$ doesn 't exist. If I try
to kinit sardwdc3$@SIDERAR.TECHINT.NET it consecuentelly fails. The thing I
don 't understand is why if I kinit sardwdc3 at SIDERAR.TECHINT.NET (note the
abscense of the dollar sign) it finds it (I mean, it prompts for a
password).

Any ideas I can try or anything further I can watch?

Best regards,

Martin

--
Martin arpon