[Samba] Possible Samba Memory Leak

Anthony Russello arussello at rogers.com
Wed Jul 6 12:56:40 GMT 2005

> As you're doing this on an embedded system as I
recall > you
> might want to cut down on the stat cache (which can
> grow
> unlimited on normal systems).

I just read up on the stat cache options, and from
what I saw, the default stat cache size is 50KB.  Is
that incorrect?

> To turn it off set :
>
> stat cache = False

I'll give this a try.

It should be noted that I was able to reproduce the
same issue on a dual P3 550, with 512MB of RAM.  It
took a fair bit longer to reach the point of failure,
but it did fail.

I believe we reached around 1300 iterations of writing
3500+ small files, then reading those back to compare
them.

Thanks,
Anthony