[Samba] samba and lprng

ji jietoh at o2online.de
Wed Jul 6 12:46:47 GMT 2005

hello,

I'm using samba 3.x and lprng on debian stable. My Problem is described
by the following:

smbclient -L

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        printer6        Printer   lpp6
        printer5        Printer   lpp5
        lpp4            Printer   printer4
        lpp3            Printer   printer3
        lpp1            Printer   printer1
        lpp0            Printer   printer0

my printcap like this:

printer6|lpp6:...
printer5|lpp5:...
printer4|lpp4:...
printer3|lpp3:...
printer2|lpp2:...
printer1|lpp1:...
printer0|lpp0:...

One printer wasn't loaded to samba, ok shit happens. But how i could
control which name would be picked as Sharename from samba <-- from
printcap. By default printcap:

printer|alias1|alias2|...:...

But samba picks a random name als sharename? Sometimes printer, somtimes
alias1 a.s.o. Whats going wrong? I want a List of shares like this
(after import of printcap):

smbclient -L

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        printer6        Printer   lpp6