[Samba] samba share problem accessing from w2k client

J. van Santen jsanten at xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 6 10:46:28 GMT 2005

> Hi Joshua,
> I think that if the client workstation has not joined a domain, then it
> will
> simply ask for a valid username/password combination for that share in
> order
> to try and access it's content.

The machines have a valid machine account, and i have thought of this
possibility too and re-joined them in the domain. When accessing a share
for which he is authorised there is no problem and no box show up on the
client. Just when he tries to access a non-authorised share.

Might it have something to do with the fact that the user is in more then
one domaingroup? for example group users and group employees?

ps i never had this problem with samba 2.2 using smbpasswd as backend.