[Samba] [Fwd: Samba-3 By Ex Chapt 3]

Chris Nicholls skel at samba.org
Wed Jul 6 02:25:37 GMT 2005

Are you using dhcp to get an IP address on that server?

Every time dhcpcd gets an IP address it overwrites the resolv.conf.  So
I think that's why it's changing every time you reboot. dhcpcd can be
run with the -R option to prevent it from overwriting resolv.conf (check
out the dhcpcd man page).   I'm not sure where you'd specify that as i
don't use FC.  But it's probably easier to just give that machine a
static IP.

Chris