[Samba] Db4 ldap smldap-tools samba

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Tue Jul 5 14:57:14 GMT 2005

tir, 05.07.2005 kl. 14.35 skrev Michael Trimarchi:

> I use the samba widh ldap and smbldap-tools to update the ldap db. If I
> execute from the terminal a non huge number of operation using the
> smbldap-usermode for change the mail, sometimes the operation still not
> respond and lock. After I find the db corrupted and I must do a
> db_recover. Why?

If you're using an early version of OpenLDAP 2.1 (say before 2.1.26,
2.1.30 is the latest stable) with BDB 4.1 or 2.2 (say before 2.2.13,
IIRC 2.2.27 is the latest stable) with BDB 4.2.52 your DB will very
quickly become corrupt on crashes, or just spontaneously - especially
BDB 4.1.

You might want to update your OpenLDAP version.

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl