[Samba] Dual Authentication Across Seperate Subnets, and Permission Masking.

Jimmy McMillan jimmy at freshstation.org
Tue Jul 5 15:15:01 GMT 2005

I hope the Subject line is about right...

Is it possiable to have 2 subnets
192.168.55.x
192.168.2.x
and samba will authenticate connections from the 192.168.55.x
connections with the standard smbpasswd, and authenticate connections
from 192.168.2.x across my AD LDAP server?

And with this said, is there a way to force mask ownership?  For
instance, if I wanted the server side files to be owned by
nobody.nobody, but allow username1 and username2 to authenticate from
the AD server and write/create/rename files, but preserve the
nobody.nobody ownership?

Hope this all makes sense.

:D Jimmy B: