[Samba] Samba bdc

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Tue Jul 5 13:52:06 GMT 2005

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Scott Mayo schrieb:
>
> (...)
>

>> Yes, that is what I thought, but is not doing it yet.  Must have
>> something wrong in a config somewhere.  Just have not found it yet.
>

> So, fix your setup regarding replication / smbldap-tools.

>>> It can contain some data (especially wins.dat, which you might also
>>> delete), like pointing to non-exeisting servers if you experimented with
>>> your Samba too much...
>>

>>> Does "net getlocalsid" give the same result on PDC and BDC? It should.
>>>

>> Actually they don't.  I thought that I copied it to both servers.
>> I'll see if I can find where that is set.  Do you know where it is.
>> Thanks for all of you help.  You are helping me get this narrowed down.
>

> net setlocalsid your-sid-goes-here

Ok, I seem to have this PDC/BDC working right now.  The machine is
logging into the PDC, then if I take down samba and ldap on the PDC, it
logs into the BDC.

The only problem I see, is that it takes it a long time (15 seconds are
more) to log in.  Then when I browse a drive for the first time, it
takes it a while to do that also (about 10 seconds or so).  Once I have
browsed the drive for the first time, then everything is about normal.
any ideas why this would be slow.

Thanks again.

--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.