[Samba] Problems when upgrading to samba 3.0.14

Xavi León Javier.Leon-Gutierrez at upc.edu
Tue Jul 5 08:39:23 GMT 2005

Hi all,
    We had a Debian sarge box with samba version 3.0.7 and worked ok.
    When we upgraded to the new stable version in Debian (3.0.14a)
    we noticed that the samba daemon (smbd) did'nt bind to its port
    (139) when running in daemon mode. When running with inetd, it
    binds de port but don't "pass" the connection to the samba demon...

    There is any big change between these versions?

    Anyone knows what i'm talking about?? I looked all the options
    in the config file but it worked with the previos version...

    Thx if anyone knows why!! Regards

Xavi