[Samba] migrating from nt4 to samba3

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue Jul 5 04:16:02 GMT 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 22:05, Guido Lorenzutti wrote:
> Im starting to read about this becouse i have to migrate a PDC nt4 to
> samba3. Do anyone have done this before?
> I have 300 users + 300 machines NT4 like domain members. I have to
> migrate all the users, all the machine accounts and obviusly, the
> passwords.
>

> Any how to or docs to read? Experiencies?
>
> Tnxs in advance.

I wrote chapter 9 of the book "Samba3 by Example" specifically for your
situation. It was documented from a 4300 user migration I did.

Your specially reserved copy of this wonderful book is waiting for you at:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-ByExample.pdf

Please let me know if I have missed something, or if the documentations is not
good enough.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra