[Samba] samba loses its browse list

Guus Leeuw jr. Guus-Leeuw at gmx.de
Mon Jul 4 11:11:56 GMT 2005

Unless there is some grave mistake in the sources, I wouldn't think so...
The master browser status is obtained via a competition protocol whereby the
server with the maximum free CPU cycles normally wins the competition, and
gets the status after which it will announce the new master browser.

Did you check following samba configuration flag:
* preferred master
This flag should be set to Yes so that the samba is most likely to become
master browser all the time.

Cheers,
Guus