[Samba] winbind-Problem with samba 3.0.14a/3.0.20pre and Solaris

Joerg Dietze joerg.dietze at sab.sachsen.de
Mon Jul 4 10:33:39 GMT 2005

Hi Guys,

anybody has a idea why getent groups only lists a few groups from my
NT4-Dom. ?
I have configured samba with security=domain, uid and gid maps and
configured nsswitch.conf
to use windbind.
wbinfo -g works fine but getent group stops after few domaingroups. I think
the problem is the
domain-user - group because i can query all domaingroups with gentent group
<domain\groupname> except
the group domain-users. This group has more the 2000 members in it, it´s
possible thats the problem
under solaris. I have also a linux - based NAS-head for tests here this box
works fine and lists all groups
with getent group.

thank you
Joerg Dietze