[Samba] Annoying lpq commands appear after testparm

Geoff Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Mon Jul 4 05:59:49 GMT 2005

I am using a master-smb.conf with one other include for the shares file.
Every time that I do a testparm -s master-smb.conf and then check the
resulting file I see these config directives, which I haven't defined:

printing = cups
        print command =
        lpq command = %p
        lprm command =

But this is after I have defined "printing = cups", any ideas why?  Or is
this standard behaviour?

Contents of the master-smb.conf for this BDC follow:

[global]
        netbios aliases = GUESTS2
        workgroup = GUESTSHIRE
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        log level = 1
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        smb ports = 139 445
        name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
        show add printer wizard = No
        logon script = logon.bat
        logon path = \\fpmelb\profiles\%U
        logon drive = Z:
        logon home = \\fpmelb\%U
        domain logons = Yes
        domain master = No
        wins server = 192.168.31.5
        ldap admin dn =
cn=Manager,ou=Users,ou=OxObjects,dc=guestsfurniturehire,dc=com,dc=au
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Users
        ldap suffix = ou=OxObjects,dc=guestsfurniturehire,dc=com,dc=au
        ldap user suffix = ou=Users
        idmap backend = ldap://fpmelb.guestsfurniturehire.com.au
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        printer admin = root
        ea support = Yes