[Samba] Re: limiting netlogon scripts to a subnet?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sun Jul 3 18:35:36 GMT 2005

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:27:19 -0700 (PDT), John H. wrote:

AMEN to no roaming profiles! I disable them blasted things in my environment.
Electronic Software Distribution makes sure each physical computer has the
software and configurations on it which it is required to have. Local profiles
and users storing files in home dirs are mobile enough.

>ipconfig >"%userprofile%\ipconfig.txt"

but........ I will still probably stick this in %temp% though. ;-) Clean up
after yourself too.

Then full path where findstr, xcopy, etc... are else it asks the server for
each of them.

I take a clean box (without things installed which MAY have updated the env
vars) and run a simple logon script which runs "SET > C:\vars.txt" and thus I
end up with a list of the vars available on systems. There is usually one
pointed at ...\System32 which will help you get things like XCopy directly, yet
support Windows being on different drive letters.

Pretty good duct tape in my opinion!

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/