[Samba] Re: limiting netlogon scripts to a subnet?

John H. mistamaila at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 18:27:19 GMT 2005

yeah, i don't know why i couldn't see it.

should this work, in a .cmd file?

Would this work?  The problem is, I do not have
roaming profiles in use(As it is not practical for us,
as users tend to use the same computers).  I want only
users with IP from 192.168.1.x to load the databases.

The loaddatabases.cmd file in question would contain

 	rem Grab IP address and dump to a file
ipconfig >"%userprofile%\ipconfig.txt"
 	echo Checking for your location

findstr "192.168.1" "%userprofile%\ipconfig.txt"
if errorlevel 1 goto notLoading
echo Loading Databases ....
rd /S /Q C:\Access\Databases
xcopy /C /Y /K /F /Z /Q /E /H Q:\Access\FrontEnds
C:\Access\Databases\
goto end

:notLoading
echo Not loading Databases