[Samba] Samba bdc

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Jul 1 20:34:12 GMT 2005

Scott Mayo schrieb:
> I have two serves set up.  One will be my PDC (master) and the other
> will be my BDC (slave).  I have openldap setup and replicating the data
> between the two servers.
>
> Everything seems to work fine from the Master, but I have one problem
> with the slave.  From the slave, I can do an ldapsearch and everthing is
> fine.  But when I do a 'pdbedit -L', I get the following:
>
> Unknown parameter encountered "ldap map suffix"
> Ignoring unknown parameter "ldap map suffix"
> failed to bind to server with dn="blah,blah"  Error: Can't contact LDAP
> server (unknown)
> smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the ldap search (unknown) Timed out
>
> Everything works fine with any ldap command that I enter, so I assume
> that it is something to do with samba.  Also,I can logon to the Master
> server with a Windows client just fine.  If I take the Master down and
> then try to login with my windows client, it tells me the domain is not
> available.  I would have thought the BDC would have taken over.  Any
> ideas what to look at?  I can post my conf files if need be.

It looks like the replication is configured (is it?), but not Samba.

1)
Do you see users added on PDC also on BDC?

use "getent passwd" for that.

2)
Did you do "testparm"?
It will check your smb.conf for errors.

3)
BDC would take over domain logons (but not domain joins) only if it's
configured properly.
In your case, it looks like it isn't.

--
Tomek
WPKG - a Windows software deployment tool that works with Samba