[Samba] Using OID as Samba3 backend

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Fri Jul 1 18:21:42 GMT 2005

fre, 01.07.2005 kl. 19.08 skrev Alex Canizales:

[...]

> I need to know which is the difference between the passwod change from
> smbldap-password and the password change from windows dialog box in order to
> put the privileges in the correct place. I believe that the problem is
> because it's trying to access at some attribute in other level when is
> execute from windows.

None, AFAIK. Windows will try to modify the lmpasswd and ntpasswd fields
and smbd will (if that option's set) synchronize the Unix password with
these.

This is what happens for me on Linux and using OpenLDAP: I can see
exactly what happens with these using an LDAP GUI such as GQ. If you
have a Linux or BSD machine available as an LDAP client with gtk , I
suggest you use GQ to see what's going on.

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl