[Samba] W2K Workstation not reading NTConfig.pol

Tirant Lo Blanc tirantloblanc77 at yahoo.es
Fri Jul 1 18:00:22 GMT 2005

I have recently set up an small SAMBA network(just my
server and a W2K SP4 Workstation). My Server is acting
as a PDC. Everything seems to work flawlessly, users,
roaming profiles, netlogon script, etc... But I cannot
make this machine to read my NTConfig.pol file.

I have it at my NETLOGON share [/srv/netlogon] with
rwxr-xr-x permissions. I have tried with different
filenames (NTConfig.POL, ntconfig.pol, etc...) but
none seems to work.

I have tried to setup ntconfig.pol with poledit to
just one user (root) and one machine("ibm") or to
default user and default machine. but nothing changes.

Any ideas?

My server is a DELL POWEREDGE SC1420 running CENTOS
4.1 x86-64. The client is an IBM Aptiva running W2K
SP4.

Thanks, and excuse my poor English.