[Samba] Help Needed

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Fri Jul 1 15:49:15 GMT 2005

Good Morning:

I am having trouble with my samba server on FC3.

For some reason I cannot get it to authenticate against the domain,

In order for domain users to be able to access resources, it requires me to create samba users and input their windows password for it to work (which is terrible security practice).

I have been fiddling around on a development server (which in now being rebuilt because I screwed it up so bad (not this project - several others)  with the procedure from http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/Unixclients.html, and everything was running along nicely till all of a sudden when I  entered wbinfo -u I got a message that said - error looking up users - that's all - no more

PLEASE NOTE ----- I am NOT looking for someone to do this for me, I really want to learn this stuff, but I am just stuck right now, and I could really use some guidance

I can supply smb.conf etc if you need as soon as the server finishes rebuilding, but it is basically identical to the one in the web page mentioned above - the only differences are the ones to match our site

Thanks

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster / Science Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11