[Samba] sambaLogonHours - Really GMT?

Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago carlos at prognus.com.br
Fri Jul 1 15:15:41 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm using BRST timezone (Brazilian East), and AFAIK[1], sambaLogonHours stores
it in GMT timezone.

IIRC, the NT PDC is comparing with its local time. For example, if the user is
allowed to log between 6am to 6pm, it will work with BRST timezone, even
usrmgr.exe hours restriction is supposed to be in GMT time.

However, when trying to log on a Samba machine, with LDAP backend, it is
comparing with that time-3 (GMT-3). I'm starting to think that because of the
localization of the PDC NT (pt_BR), it is storing that time in BRST zone.

I've tried a lot of things, from changing the timezone to GMT, GMT-3, and even
messing with "time offset" in smb.conf. What am i missing?

Thanks.

[1]: http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2004-December/038271.html

--
Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago