[Samba] Smbd processes out of control

Matt Lung matt.lung at midwest-tool.com
Fri Jul 1 13:52:30 GMT 2005

I've posted a couple times about smbd processes that crashes at random.
  It happened again last night.

I was able to restart samba via SWAT and get it back up and going.  I've
noticed a couple new things going on.  Even after I got it to restart
there is still a bunch of pid's associated with smbd that get listed
when doing an smb status command.  pid's that are not even associated
with active connections anymore.  Seem to be eternally stuck until a
reboot.

I have also noticed that on our PDC listed in the active connections is
the IP address of this member server.  It is the only IP address in the
active connections list, and the only server listed in the active
connections.  That really doesn't make sense to me.  It is almost acting
like a client instead of a domain member server.

Right now I'm just trying to look for answers as to why this may be
happening.  Any suggestions, thoughts, etc.. ???

Thanks

--
Matt Lung

Midwest Tool & Die, Corp.