[Samba] uid and gid from unix to unix

Adam Cankudis adamc at pons.pl
Fri Jul 1 12:56:09 GMT 2005

07/01/2005 01:49 PM, Adam Cankudis wrote:

> Problem: Share is mounted (by smbmount) with uid's and gid's values
> from Debian server. So user have no proper rights to catalogues in
> mounted shares on his local machine.
> Question: How to make uid and gid "mapping" from unix to unix?

I found it. Maybe not exactly what I asked, but it makes what I need.
I've change "unix extensions" parameter in /etc/samba/smb.conf from
'yes' to 'no'.
Probably an older server had 'no' as default, but the new one had, in
fact properly, set this option to 'yes'
I know it's better to keep uids/gids in sync across all servers, as
Thomas Anders wrote, but at this moment it's only solution and I plan to
change this in the future.
Thx
A.C.