[Samba] Using OID as Samba3 backend

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Fri Jul 1 07:58:23 GMT 2005

tor, 30.06.2005 kl. 22.45 skrev Alex Canizales:

> I'm running samba3 Using OID (Oracle Internet Directory) as backend, almost works ok, but the final trick that doesn't work is the change of the passwords from windows dialog box, this change the samba passwords but don't change the userpassword, i have found this line on samba logs files:
>
> ldap password change requested, but LDAP server does not support it -- ignoring.

You'd have to have the Oracle LDAP administrator add the correct Samba
schema to the Oracle LDAP server. This might be problematic, as he'd
have to write it himself (if that's at all possible, I don't know Oracle
Internet Directory). He could use the examples in the Linux Samba
distribution document directory for IBM-DS, IBMSecureWay, or nescape4 or
5, as well as the OpenLDAP schema, of course.

> And i found in samba.org fourum that this problem is solved with this ACL:
>
> access to dn.base="" by * read.

This will not help you for two reasons: 1: it's an OpenLDAP server ACL
and is only applicable to the server configuration; 2: it only gives
read access anyway.

[...]

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl