[Samba] samba executable has not been built with plugin support

Jared Wiltshire jaredwiltshire at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 00:34:49 GMT 2005

I recently compiled the latest stable version of Samba on a Linus 2.4xsystem...

When I run smbclient and some of the other binarys (cant remember which
ones) they give a message - "This samba executable has not been built with
plugin support, not probing". They seem to work though -

===================

[root at smoothwall root]# smbclient
[...]
Usage: [-?|--help] [--usage] [-R|--name-resolve NAME-RESOLVE-ORDER]
[-M|--message HOST] [-I|--ip-address IP] [-E|--stderr] [-L|--list HOST]
[-t|--terminal CODE] [-m|--max-protocol LEVEL] [-T|--tar <c|x>IXFqgbNan]
[-D|--directory DIR] [-c|--command STRING] [-b|--send-buffer BYTES]
[-p|--port PORT] [-g|--grepable] [-d|--debuglevel DEBUGLEVEL]
[-s|--configfile CONFIGFILE] [-l|--log-basename LOGFILEBASE]
[-V|--version] [-O|--socket-options SOCKETOPTIONS]
[-n|--netbiosname NETBIOSNAME] [-W|--workgroup WORKGROUP]
[-i|--scope SCOPE] [-U|--user USERNAME] [-N|--no-pass] [-k|--kerberos]
[-A|--authentication-file FILE] [-S|--signing on|off|required]
[-P|--machine-pass] service <password>
[root at smoothwall root]#