[Samba] reload configuration without a stop ?

Spike Burkhardt burkhardt.richard at ssd.loral.com
Mon Jan 31 17:13:20 GMT 2005

By default Samba will read the configuration file every 60 seconds so no HUP
is needed.  I have however done this without affecting currently connected
users.  The caveat is that if configuration changes are made to shares that
users are already connected to, those changes will not be seen.  If changes
to the underlying UNIX file system is changed(protectecions primarily) then
another set of problems may occur.

HTH,

spike