[Samba] Re: Migrating from NT4 to Samba - correct strategy

Josir Gomes josir at ig.com.br
Mon Jan 31 11:01:42 GMT 2005

Thanks for replying.
There´s just 20 clients on each domain and they have the same name and
password on both domain. I could simply change the domain name on each
station but all users will loose their local profiles.

So I imagine that it is more productive to simply change the domain name
and turn off the old NT server. Is there any pitfall that I can encounter ?

Simply changing the domain name in the smb.conf is enough ? It´s easy as
that ?

Thanks in advance,
Josir Gomes