[Samba] samba-3 problem joining ws to domain

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Sun Jan 30 10:35:19 GMT 2005

Hi,
This was a limitation in samba 3.0.x up until 3.0.11-pre1.
Only the user mapped to root was able to join machines to a samba-domain.
In the latest version (samba-3.0.11-rc1) there have been added some
rights to allow joining of machines for other users.
have a look at

     http://samba.org/~jerry/Samba-Rights-HOWTO

this link was posted from Jerry Carter to document the new features 7 Days ago.
Hope it helps
Christoph