[Samba] disappointed with complete lack of help.

Christian Merrill cmerrill at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 19:00:09 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

If you ask a question regarding a problem that cannot be solved by an
easy google search, describe the problem you are facing in an
understandable manner, and supply any related configuration files and/or
logs you will generally get relatively prompt feedback from someone.

Now and then you will have something so off the wall that nobody really
has a clue -- I've sent a few out like that myself :), but such is
life.  I applaud not only the effort that the Samba team puts forth in
regard to the product, but to what extent they *do* monitor this list
and help others.

Christian Merrill