[Samba] Inherit permissions question (Please help)

Thomas Reiss thomas at mypoint.franken.de
Fri Jan 28 17:12:07 GMT 2005

Hallo David Wilson,

> Mmmmm... I wonder what else I could try ?
> Perhaps it would easier if I configure ACL support and just set the
> permissions manually each time a new file is copied to the users' areas by
> a Domain Admin ?

I think you doesn't need in this case ACL support because the Problem is
still the same, or not ?

Manually change the Permission seems to be the only way.

Must you do this very often ?
When yes, write a little Skript that change the Permissions for you on
all userx/ Directory (maybe as a post exec script in the Share
Definition).

Greetings
Thomas