[Samba] disappointed with complete lack of help.

Marc Haber mh+samba at zugschlus.de
Fri Jan 28 16:44:39 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 09:27:38AM -0600, Paul Gienger wrote:
> Looking back on your questions, it seems like the cause is most likely
> phrasing of your issue.  It has been stated often that a well crafted
> question with all pertinent info will get better response than a hard to
> understand issue.  I believe yours is the latter.  Granted that I didn't
> read all your messages, but the first two were definately the latter.

Even well-phrased questions with debugging output and dumps frequently
stay unanswered. I still cannot print with smbprint to our Domain
Server, and no help here. The bugzilla entry (1481) has gone
unanswered since June 2004 (that's seven months).

Samba has gone the way of many successful projects: The principal
developers are busy with writing books and talking at conferences
while the mailing lists get flooded with clueless newbie requests.
Nobody knowledgeable finds the time to answer requests at all.

Greetings
Marc