[Samba] disappointed with complete lack of help.

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Fri Jan 28 15:46:53 GMT 2005

Hi,
Maybe I can help reduce that disappointement.
When you say in you 25th January message
"Directory and file permissions should probably be 700?"
What directory are you talking about? Home dir? If so, then your right...
Still assuming you're talking only about home dirs, I assume that
dirname=unix_username=win_username.
If so, then it's not difficult to make a bash/perl/whatever script which
does:
chown -R <user>:"Domain Users" <userdirectory>
I think this may still be the best approach.
As for your comments, you should be thankful that people, who receive
nothing for doing it, take their time to read your messages. I too have
posted here some questions with no reply whatsoever, and that doesn't mean
i'll start say that "the claim of better support from the open source
community because there are so many active people is a farce"

Best regards,
Bruno Guerreiro