[Samba] custom print processing

Ian Taylor ian at i-a.co.uk
Fri Jan 28 15:20:33 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I've got a printserver working using cups/samba,ADS.  I'm want to pass
any jobs through a custom script which will do various things, including
checking user quotas from a custom database

(I know there are print quota solutuions out there that will fit in
nicely with cups and samba, but I need to do this a different way due to
some custom things we need to do)

I've tried adding a line like 'print command = /path-to-script.pl`, to a
test perl script which just logs some things to a file (with the
intention of douing what I need with the user data then sending the job
to lpr), but any print jobs are just sent to the printer without going
through my script.

Can anyone give me any clues on what I need to do to acheive this?

Many thanks,

Ian.

--
Ian Taylor
Technical Support

Tel: +44 (0)1621 840014      Fax   : +44 (0)1621 853 959
Web: http://www.i-a.co.uk    Email : ian at i-a.co.uk