[Samba] disappointed with complete lack of help.

MJBarber at Hearst.com MJBarber at Hearst.com
Fri Jan 28 14:42:55 GMT 2005

I sent a request for help on the 21st of January....I waited.....I sent it
again on the 24th....I waited.... I sent the same question crafted
differently on the 25th.... I waited.

The help on this list is horrible..... I am sorry for whining.

I talk up open source regularly and I help when I can..... but, the claim
of "better" support from the open source community because there are so
many active people is a farce....

I see people discussing the semantics of what uptimes should or should not
be, but no help.

So, I will struggle on my own a bit longer.

So, I thank the Samba group for a great tool, I just can't thank them for
the help, and yes, in the past I have made financial contributions to the
group.  Small, but more than many.

Michael J Barber
WPTZ/WNNE
Computer Services Administrator
p  518-561-5555 x563
m 518-572-6639
f   518-561-5940

[...]

This e-mail message is intended only for the personal
use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not
an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or
distribute this message.

please notify the Hearst Information Services HelpDesk
(helpdesk at hearst.com) immediately by e-mail and
delete the original message.