[Samba] Active Directory + Samba 3.0.10 -> how to deal with owners and permissions

jmruiz at correo.animatika.net jmruiz at correo.animatika.net
Fri Jan 28 11:52:13 GMT 2005

Hi.

I've a running samba system that works with a ADS auth. All looks like to
work. I can get the list of Domain users and groups (wbinfo -u, wbinfo
-g), and "getent passwd" works too.

Now I want to share a directory(or volume) and that the
DOMAIN/Administrator be the owner of this share to get the control of it.

I don't know how samba deals with resource owners and permissions in a AD
context? Do I need to change the owner by hand to DOMAIN/Administrator in
the samba system to this share? Is it possible to say to samba that this
share is owned by DOMAIN/Administrator?.

Thanks.