[Samba] Typo in Samba-3 By Example Book, Chapter 5

Ryan Frantz RyanFrantz at informed-llc.com
Thu Jan 27 20:51:28 GMT 2005

<2 cents>

I think the lesson learned here is that in this case (and many others in
IT in general), 95% of the time, there is no hard and fast rule for the
configuration of a system as complex as Samba.  With the ability to meet
the requirements for, and provide support for, several different options
(i.e. smbpasswd, LDAP, winbind or domain member, domain controller,
simple file and print server, etc), even the developers would be hard
pressed to lay down some standard that could/would apply to every
possible configuration.

In this situation, both experience and constant monitoring are the best
tools for making the kind of determination for resource allocation at a
particular site.

</2 cents>

ry