[Samba] LDAP and memberUid in Domain Users

Randy Starr randy_starr at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 09:41:24 GMT 2005

Hi.
I use Slackware 10 with OpenLDAP 2.2.18, Samba 3.0.10 as PDC, smbldap-tools
0.8.5-3. from idealx.org.
Using usrmgr.exe I have small problem with memberrUid field. When I add new
user to a domain, the memberUid field with the name of this users is added
to Domain Users. But when I delete this user, the memberUid field with his
name isn't removed from Domain Users. I think that is a small bug in samba,
because, when I use smbldap-userdel from command line, the field is removed.
Can anybody confirm or negate this information. For the first time I
thought, that is a problem with access in LDAP, but I analysed openldap log,
and didn't find any error.

Configuring the server I used PDC-LDAP howto from Idealx.org
On a request I can send configs.

--
Randy Starr