[Samba] Re: samba with sun's ldap

Michal Kurowski mkur at poczta.gazeta.pl
Thu Jan 27 06:42:38 GMT 2005

cj [corey at tt.com.au] wrote:

> I'm also trying to get Sun Directory Server 5.1 (from Solaris9) to work
> with Samba 3.
>
> I've loaded the DS5 schema file (from Samba 3.0.10) into Sun DS5,
> however when
> Windows attempts to authenticate against Samba, Samba seems to be
> sending an invalid
> request off to the Sun LDAP server:
>
> [27/Jan/2005:12:22:39 +1100] - Entry
> "sambaDomainName=TESTDOMAIN,dc=our,dc=company,dc=com" -- attribute
> "objectClass" not allowed

The problem is the Samba-supplied file is not really well-formed in
terms of DS 5.x requirements.

You can go on without a hassle turning schema validation off but I
wouldn't recommend it as a long-term solution (do not do this for
anything else then testing the setup).

I was able to reformat the schema a bit and it's been working OK since
then. I'd attach it in here but it is a Samba 2.2 schema. You will
have to experiment a bit and it should be OK (take other schema files
as examples).

Cheers,

--
Michal Kurowski