[Samba] Savin Copier Print Processor

stenrm at comcast.net stenrm at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 21:25:31 GMT 2005

I have FreeBSD 5.3 running on an Sun Ultra 10.  I installed Samba 3.03, from patching SWAT now says version 3.07.  I am having an issue printing from Windows through Samba to Savin copiers (model 9935DPE and 9945DPE) when downloading the Windows drivers directly from the [print$] share.  When I print a test page, the orientation of the lettering is correct but the letters are gibberish.  The Windows logo in the corner looks correct.  If I do not download the drivers from the server, but install them manually on Windows, then everything prints fine.  The only thing that I have found so far is that the Print Processors are listed differently on the printer when downloading the drivers directly.  When downloading the drivers, the Print Processor is listed as "winprint" and the default data type is RAW.  When I manually install the drivers, the Print Processors are "HPPRN05" and "WinPrint" and data types are RAW, RAW [FF appended], RAW [FF auto], NT EMF 1.003, NT EMF 1.006, NT EMF 1.007, NT EMF 1.008, and TEXT.  This is using the same exact drivers on Samba and on Windows: SAVIN 9935DPE/2035DPE PCL 5e.  I have tried the PostScript driver and the PCL 6 driver with similar results (actually more garbled using these drivers).

I have searched on Google, the Savin site, and samba.org, but have not found anything yet.  Is there a way to manually apply the Print Processor information?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.