[Samba] Windows XP profile problems

Mike Partyka mike.partyka at stonepath.com
Wed Jan 26 20:44:47 GMT 2005

s there is trick to fully copying an existing local profile over to your new
domain profile after you join the Samba domain?  I tried the profile copy
under System Properties, on the advanced tab and although it completed, I
log on and MS office wants to load files from the CD and my start menu seems
to be missing the entire left side column.

When I look at the size and number of files my original profile definitely
is bigger and has more files, so evidently not all the profile gets copied.

Could someone share the trick to getting the profile copied over just as it
was?

Thanks,

Mike Partyka

Stonepath Logistics