[Samba] Problems with Access Control for Shares on Samba 2

Kaplan, Marc marc_kaplan at adaptec.com
Wed Jan 26 17:39:21 GMT 2005

Jörg,

I think if you want only one user to be able to write, but any user to be able to access you should change things as follows:

 [hobbit5]
     comment = hobbit5
     path = /ALPHA-DATA/hobbit5
     browseable = yes
     read only = no
     guest = ok
     write list = hobbit5

The valid users parameter before said that ONLY hobbit5 could access the share. If you don't specify anything for valid users, the default behavior is that any user can access the share.

		-Marc