[Samba] memory issues with samba 3.0.10

David Schlenk david-schlenk at bethel.edu
Wed Jan 26 16:21:33 GMT 2005

I'm still having problems with that memory issue using 3.0.10 with v.2
of the printing patch + the one line patch from Jerome Borsboom. My
production server has completely frozen a couple times in the past
couple weeks, and did so again this morning.  This time before
restarting samba I removed the tdb files in /var/lib/samba/printing/*
as Jerry mentioned this might help the queue not clearing problem. What
exactly does this cause samba to do? It froze up completely again after
about an hour, and now the load is petering between 1 and 2, with smbd
taking up between 95 and 99% of the CPU constantly.  I backed up the
old tdb's, should I maybe go back to those?
--
David Schlenk
Operating Systems Analyst
david-schlenk at bethel.edu