[Samba] SWAT won't start

Jeff Howard jeffh at email.unc.edu
Wed Jan 26 15:56:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm setting up Samba on a RH ES linux machine.  I have basic functionality
working and can access a share from a Windows pc.  I set up smb.conf
manually. I'd like to use SWAT but when I try to run it I get the error:

-- The connection was refused when attempting to contact localhost:901 --

I set up the xinetd configuration file exactly as I've seen online. Webmin
works fine. I'm logged in as root. I tried turning off ipchains. Can't
get rid
of this error. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance ....

Jeff

Jeff Howard
Software Engineer
Office of the University Registrar
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

jeffh at email.unc.edu
919.962.4315