[Samba] Inherit permissions question (Please help)

David Wilson dave at dcdata.co.za
Wed Jan 26 09:26:04 GMT 2005

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply.
My suggestions for using a preexec script is a sort of "last resort" option.
I could rather configure a job in cron that checks permissions.
Ideally I need the "inherit permissions" option but with the ability to also
include user & group ownership. To get this done samba would require root
privileges  to change the ownership of files to that of the parent folder -
which probably wouldn't be a good idea ?

Thanks for your help so far.
Any assistance/input would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards
David Wilson
D c D a t a
Tel +27 33 342 7003
Fax +27 33 345 4155
Cell +27 82 4147413
http://www.dcdata.co.za
support at dcdata.co.za
Powered by Linux, driven by passion !

"Computers are not intelligent. They only think they are."