[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 errors

James Kosin james_kosin at compuserve.com
Wed Jan 26 04:01:42 GMT 2005

I'm trying to track down these errors myself.  They are usually
attributed to a virus or trojan that happens to be on the network...
The weird part about them, is they do come from valid IPs on the subnet
in some cases and are related to specific machine IPs.  So, I'm not sure
why samba is unable to reference an IP.  Unless, it isn't suffing that
information because of the invalid placed requests and these are just
errors in the return packets.

First, check to be sure you don't have a virus or trojan running rampid
on your network.  You can find out what IP numbers they are by using a
tool like ethreal to capture the IP traffic and compare the timestamps
on the IP traffic you collect with the time stamps in the samba logfiles.

I would be glad if someone could find out what this was as well.

James